Residents of Shanghai and Beijing can now ride the metro and pay for tickets with their China Telecom NFC smartphones. The carrier, which has 183m subscribers, is using Gemalto’s UpTeq multi-tenant NFC SIMs to deploy its secure NFC services.
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars