Turkey’s Türk Ekonomi Bankasi (TEB) has become the latest European bank to announce plans to launch a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service using a tokenization platform unveiled by Visa Europe in February. “Customers will be able to make Visa contactless payments at more than 2.4m contactless terminals across Europe with a simple tap using the bank’s CepteTEB mobile application,” says Visa Europe.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa