22% of US mobile phone users made a mobile payment last year, up from 17% in 2013, research from the Federal Reserve Board reveals. The most common type of mobile payment was paying bills through an online system or mobile app, followed by online and in-app purchases, with in-store payments in third place, the Consumers and Mobile Financial Services 2015 (PDF) report found.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account