22% of US mobile phone users made a mobile payment last year, up from 17% in 2013, research from the Federal Reserve Board reveals. The most common type of mobile payment was paying bills through an online system or mobile app, followed by online and in-app purchases, with in-store payments in third place, the Consumers and Mobile Financial Services 2015 (PDF) report found.
- Google Assistant comes to more Android phones
- GSMA predicts 1.1bn 5G connections by 2025
- Rambus unveils Unified Payment Platform for mobile payments and loyalty
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers