22% of US mobile phone users made a mobile payment last year, up from 17% in 2013, research from the Federal Reserve Board reveals. The most common type of mobile payment was paying bills through an online system or mobile app, followed by online and in-app purchases, with in-store payments in third place, the Consumers and Mobile Financial Services 2015 (PDF) report found.
- Control Ikea Home Smart products with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple’s Home app
- NEC earbuds showcase hands-free biometric verification
- New cloud framework for mobile biometrics
- Introducing Paytm Payments Bank
- Hackers defeat Samsung Galaxy S8 iris scanner