Microsoft could be poised to enter the payments business after it emerged the software giant has applied for licenses to operate as a money transmitter in all 50 US states. Idaho has become the first state to grant a license to Microsoft Payments Inc. The company revealed last month it will include support for HCE mobile payments in the mobile version of its forthcoming Windows 10 operating system.
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?