eBay will be prevented from setting up its own payments company when it spins off PayPal to operate as a standalone business later this year, an SEC filing has revealed. An operating agreement which will remain in effect for six years will allow eBay to offer customers alternative payment providers as long as the company ensures that roughly 80% of its sales continue to be routed through PayPal.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay