Vodafone customers in the Netherlands can now make NFC payments with a mobile version of a credit card. Visa credit cards from International Card Services (ICS) can be added to the Vodafone Wallet app running on Android NFC handset equipped with an NFC SIM. Vodafone Wallet users have been able to make NFC payments with the operator’s own SmartPass prepaid account since March 2014.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain