Chinese internet giant Tencent has released a mobile operating system that is set to include mobile payments functionality. TencentOS is designed for wearables, smartphones and other connected devices, and is part of TOS+, the company’s “intelligent hardware open platform strategy”. “The Shenzhen-based company will work with partners to integrate the software into devices including smart glasses,” Bloomberg reports.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit