EMV payments on plastic cards won’t achieve broad adoption in the US until 2020, Forrester Research predicts, due to the rise of “more secure” mobile and contactless payment alternatives. “Forrester expects that more secure, encrypted and tokenized transactions on digital wallets, mobile device-based NFC virtual cards and EMV contactless payments will prove strong competitors to plastic EMV chip and signature and chip and PIN payments in the US,” the company says.
- Samsung Pay rolls out across Hong Kong following early access launch
- Amazon adds shoppable stickers to its iOS app
- Ant Financial enters Hong Kong market with AlipayHK mobile wallet
- Macey’s invites shoppers to skip checkout lines
- Danish fintech startup Clearhaus buys 33% of a Danish bank – eyeing new business model and expansion