EMV payments on plastic cards won’t achieve broad adoption in the US until 2020, Forrester Research predicts, due to the rise of “more secure” mobile and contactless payment alternatives. “Forrester expects that more secure, encrypted and tokenized transactions on digital wallets, mobile device-based NFC virtual cards and EMV contactless payments will prove strong competitors to plastic EMV chip and signature and chip and PIN payments in the US,” the company says.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?