EMV payments on plastic cards won’t achieve broad adoption in the US until 2020, Forrester Research predicts, due to the rise of “more secure” mobile and contactless payment alternatives. “Forrester expects that more secure, encrypted and tokenized transactions on digital wallets, mobile device-based NFC virtual cards and EMV contactless payments will prove strong competitors to plastic EMV chip and signature and chip and PIN payments in the US,” the company says.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow