EMV payments on plastic cards won’t achieve broad adoption in the US until 2020, Forrester Research predicts, due to the rise of “more secure” mobile and contactless payment alternatives. “Forrester expects that more secure, encrypted and tokenized transactions on digital wallets, mobile device-based NFC virtual cards and EMV contactless payments will prove strong competitors to plastic EMV chip and signature and chip and PIN payments in the US,” the company says.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works