Contactless technology was built into more than 42% of smart payment cards shipped in 2014, up from 37% in 2013, the Smart Payment Association has revealed. More than 2.05bn chip payment cards were shipped around the world last year, just three years after global shipments exceeded the one billion mark in 2011. Growth in the Chinese and US markets contributed to the increase, says the association.
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets
- Android O to offer autofill for payments
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans