Apple has added a further 24 financial institutions to its list of participating banks and credit unions, taking the total number of card issuers it works with to more than 240. “Apple is continuously building out its Apple Pay backbone,” AppleInsider reports. “In March, Apple added 39 participating banks and credit unions, a feat repeated in April.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform