Customers using US-based First Internet Bank’s personal mobile banking application are now able to log in using their fingerprint and Apple’s Touch ID feature. The functionality is available to those running the bank’s app on the iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, with support for the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 expected in the future.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users