A total of 350m NFC secure elements were shipped in 2014, a 30% increase on the previous year, vendor association Eurosmart has revealed. It has also predicted that shipments will hit 550m this year. “The announcement of Apple Pay boosted the NFC market to an all-time high,” the association says. “We expect the growth in NFC secure elements to continue.”
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology