A total of 350m NFC secure elements were shipped in 2014, a 30% increase on the previous year, vendor association Eurosmart has revealed. It has also predicted that shipments will hit 550m this year. “The announcement of Apple Pay boosted the NFC market to an all-time high,” the association says. “We expect the growth in NFC secure elements to continue.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works