A total of 350m NFC secure elements were shipped in 2014, a 30% increase on the previous year, vendor association Eurosmart has revealed. It has also predicted that shipments will hit 550m this year. “The announcement of Apple Pay boosted the NFC market to an all-time high,” the association says. “We expect the growth in NFC secure elements to continue.”
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments
- Fashion retailers test smart mirrors for mobile payments
- New iPhone to feature 3D laser facial recognition scanner?
- Russian mobile network MTS launches first phase of Money Wallet payments, transfer and loyalty service