A total of 350m NFC secure elements were shipped in 2014, a 30% increase on the previous year, vendor association Eurosmart has revealed. It has also predicted that shipments will hit 550m this year. “The announcement of Apple Pay boosted the NFC market to an all-time high,” the association says. “We expect the growth in NFC secure elements to continue.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?