Samsung will build NXP’s SmartMX P61N1M3 embedded secure element into versions of its Galaxy S6 destined for China, where it will be used in the Samsung Pay NFC mobile payments service. The phone maker has previously also used Oberthur’s Pearl secure element in other versions of the flagship smartphone.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users