Mobile proximity payments — those made by consumers at the physical point of sale using a mobile device — in the US will total US$54bn by 2019, Javelin Strategy and Research has projected. Today, mobile proximity payments make up 1% of all retail transactions says Javelin, with almost one in six iOS smartphone owners making a proximity purchase within a 30 day period, nearly double the rate of Android smartphone owners.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK