US mobile proximity payments will rise to US$487bn gross dollar volume (GDV) by 2020, up from $7.5bn GDV this year, Aite Group forecasts. “While mobile proximity payments will grow quickly as NFC distribution becomes universal and customers begin to use the platforms,” says author Thad Peterson, “mobile commerce will drive more transaction volume than mobile proximity payments in the next five years.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?