The number of contactless transactions in the UK has risen 150% in the last six months, with the average transaction now valued at £7.24, payments processor Worldpay has revealed. Credit and debit card transaction volumes are also on the rise across the country, with card payments up 9.3% in London, followed by Leeds (8.9%), Reading (8%), Southampton (7.9%), and Liverpool (7.7%).
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info