The number of contactless transactions in the UK has risen 150% in the last six months, with the average transaction now valued at £7.24, payments processor Worldpay has revealed. Credit and debit card transaction volumes are also on the rise across the country, with card payments up 9.3% in London, followed by Leeds (8.9%), Reading (8%), Southampton (7.9%), and Liverpool (7.7%).
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay