The number of contactless transactions in the UK has risen 150% in the last six months, with the average transaction now valued at £7.24, payments processor Worldpay has revealed. Credit and debit card transaction volumes are also on the rise across the country, with card payments up 9.3% in London, followed by Leeds (8.9%), Reading (8%), Southampton (7.9%), and Liverpool (7.7%).
- Consumers show more trust in mobile wallet security
- Crédit Mutuel Arkéa launches HCE mobile payments developed with Antelop
- US banks launch money-transfer app
- UK bank tests voice commands with Google Home
- Mahindra Comviva launches biometric payments solution for rural Indian merchants