Some 41% of US millennials aged between 18 and 34 are now using mobile payments, compared to 18% of 35- to 44-year-olds, 14% of 45- to 54-year-olds, 10% of 55- to 64-year-olds and 8% of those aged over 65, research from POS supplier Harbortouch has revealed. One in four of the 1,000 respondents surveyed also believes the restaurant industry is the most likely to widely adopt mobile payments in the near future.
- JCB to add support for Google Pay in Japan
- South African retail giant Shoprite moves into mobile payments and banking
- Hyundai to add support for payments in cars
- Google Pay adds support for Japanese payment cards
- PayPal extends its partnership with Google Pay