Members of the Electronics Payments Association (NACHA) have approved Same Day ACH (Automated Clearing House), an amendment to the NACHA Operating Rules that will enable same-day money transfer for “virtually any” ACH transaction. “Same Day ACH will build upon existing, next-day ACH Network capabilities and establish a new option for same-day clearing and settlement via ACH,” the organisation explains. The move, which will be implemented in a “phased approach”, will greatly accelerate the speed at which money can move through the US financial system.
- Chase lets customers make payments with Fitbit and Garmin wearables
- Transport for London adds in-app contactless journey tracking
- Amazon to pilot sound-based payments for cash on delivery service in India
- US merchants increase support for NFC in stores, cut back on Apple Pay and Google Pay online
- Apple Pay runs ‘Lose your wallet’ promotion in New York City