MasterCard has unveiled a P2P payments service that lets consumers send and receive funds “within seconds” from “virtually any” US debit card account. “Through a single connection to the MasterCard Send platform, businesses, merchants, governments, non-profits, issuers and other senders can send money to consumers whether they are banked or unbanked, located domestically or abroad,” the company says. “This includes the receipt of funds on MasterCard and non-MasterCard cards, into mobile money and bank accounts and via cash agent outlets.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year