Sweden-based mPOS provider iZettle has begun distributing a contactless-enabled terminal to select partners in the UK that will allow them to begin accepting NFC mobile payments, as well as contactless and chip and pin transactions. The Card Reader Pro Contactless terminal will be rolled out more broadly in June with other countries to follow in the “coming months”. It will retail for about £79 (US$122) with price variations depending on markets.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022