Sweden-based mPOS provider iZettle has begun distributing a contactless-enabled terminal to select partners in the UK that will allow them to begin accepting NFC mobile payments, as well as contactless and chip and pin transactions. The Card Reader Pro Contactless terminal will be rolled out more broadly in June with other countries to follow in the “coming months”. It will retail for about £79 (US$122) with price variations depending on markets.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes