Sweden-based mPOS provider iZettle has begun distributing a contactless-enabled terminal to select partners in the UK that will allow them to begin accepting NFC mobile payments, as well as contactless and chip and pin transactions. The Card Reader Pro Contactless terminal will be rolled out more broadly in June with other countries to follow in the “coming months”. It will retail for about £79 (US$122) with price variations depending on markets.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays