Sweden-based mPOS provider iZettle has begun distributing a contactless-enabled terminal to select partners in the UK that will allow them to begin accepting NFC mobile payments, as well as contactless and chip and pin transactions. The Card Reader Pro Contactless terminal will be rolled out more broadly in June with other countries to follow in the “coming months”. It will retail for about £79 (US$122) with price variations depending on markets.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions