Online authentication provider Sekur.me has made it possible for merchants to accept Apple Pay for online payments for the first time, via a Universal Buy Button that works with a wide range of platforms and gateways, browsers and on both Android and iOS devices. “Sekur.Me can work with payment methods like Apple Pay or directly with any payment gateway, with PayPal and Google Wallet support in the works,” says CEO Jack Bicer. Apple Pay has previously only been available for in-store and in-app payments.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account