German car maker Audi’s new Q7 model features an NFC-enabled tablet, allowing passengers to transmit information and entertainment to and from their smartphones which can then be distributed throughout the vehicle. The Audi tablet uses the Android operating system and connects to the car’s MMI information and entertainment system via Wifi, allowing passengers to send a planned route to the driver’s navigation display, for example, or the driver can start a radio or media programme.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes