German car maker Audi’s new Q7 model features an NFC-enabled tablet, allowing passengers to transmit information and entertainment to and from their smartphones which can then be distributed throughout the vehicle. The Audi tablet uses the Android operating system and connects to the car’s MMI information and entertainment system via Wifi, allowing passengers to send a planned route to the driver’s navigation display, for example, or the driver can start a radio or media programme.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service