German car maker Audi’s new Q7 model features an NFC-enabled tablet, allowing passengers to transmit information and entertainment to and from their smartphones which can then be distributed throughout the vehicle. The Audi tablet uses the Android operating system and connects to the car’s MMI information and entertainment system via Wifi, allowing passengers to send a planned route to the driver’s navigation display, for example, or the driver can start a radio or media programme.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills