German car maker Audi’s new Q7 model features an NFC-enabled tablet, allowing passengers to transmit information and entertainment to and from their smartphones which can then be distributed throughout the vehicle. The Audi tablet uses the Android operating system and connects to the car’s MMI information and entertainment system via Wifi, allowing passengers to send a planned route to the driver’s navigation display, for example, or the driver can start a radio or media programme.
- Serbian bank launches HCE mobile payments
- Magazine focuses on Indian demonetisation and mobile money
- Apple buys facial recognition startup
- TfL and Barclaycard to extend contactless network
- EMV card shipments grow less than 1% in 2016