German car maker Audi’s new Q7 model features an NFC-enabled tablet, allowing passengers to transmit information and entertainment to and from their smartphones which can then be distributed throughout the vehicle. The Audi tablet uses the Android operating system and connects to the car’s MMI information and entertainment system via Wifi, allowing passengers to send a planned route to the driver’s navigation display, for example, or the driver can start a radio or media programme.
- Fossil launches sports watch with NFC payments
- Veterans charity uses contactless cards to collect donations via NFC
- PNC Bank to offer dynamic CVV cards to commercial customers
- Singapore Post adds NFC tags to 15,000 mail boxes
- Google Pay goes live in the United Arab Emirates