US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security
- Google and Stripe eye a slice of UPI pie in India
- Guide explores key benefits of Samsung Pay
- Bank of America enhances customer choice: Provides secure and reliable access to data
- Phillips 66 unveils new mobile platform at Momentum Conference