US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain