US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info