US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes