US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai