US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- BBVA brings Alipay to Spain
- Macau’s ATMs are using facial recognition to help follow the money
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys