US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments
- Fashion retailers test smart mirrors for mobile payments
- New iPhone to feature 3D laser facial recognition scanner?
- Russian mobile network MTS launches first phase of Money Wallet payments, transfer and loyalty service