Facebook is to roll out its mobile payments service to New York City and surrounding metro areas and will add additional functionality to make it “easier to send and receive money”, an email sent out by the social network and seen by VentureBeat reveals. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. New features include hyperlinked dollar amounts and the possibility to send payments to a single person when part of a group conversation.
- JCB to add support for Google Pay in Japan
- South African retail giant Shoprite moves into mobile payments and banking
- Hyundai to add support for payments in cars
- Google Pay adds support for Japanese payment cards
- PayPal extends its partnership with Google Pay