StreetSmart, an organisation that raises money for homeless charities by adding a voluntary £1 donation onto bills in participating restaurants, is enabling diners to make a mobile donation by scanning QR codes distributed on table cards in more than 600 locations across the UK. The platform is being provided by mobile payments company Zapper, which will also be donating an additional 50p to StreetSmart for every new user that signs up to use the service over the next six months.
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money