StreetSmart, an organisation that raises money for homeless charities by adding a voluntary £1 donation onto bills in participating restaurants, is enabling diners to make a mobile donation by scanning QR codes distributed on table cards in more than 600 locations across the UK. The platform is being provided by mobile payments company Zapper, which will also be donating an additional 50p to StreetSmart for every new user that signs up to use the service over the next six months.
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India
- Face ID to add privacy layer to lockscreen notifications
- Esso lets UK drivers pay at the pump with their mobile phone
- Bank of America reports $4bn in P2P payments
- Russia to issue state-backed CryptoRuble digital currency