Cashless vending machine technology provider USA Technologies (USAT) has announced it will be adding support for Android Pay, the NFC mobile payment solution unveiled by Google at the I/O event today. “Making Android Pay available to millions of Android users will present what we believe to be a fundamental shift in convenience and adoption for consumers,” says USAT CEO Stephen Herbert. The company rolled out support for Apple Pay earlier this year and has some 210,000 customer locations.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments