Cashless vending machine technology provider USA Technologies (USAT) has announced it will be adding support for Android Pay, the NFC mobile payment solution unveiled by Google at the I/O event today. “Making Android Pay available to millions of Android users will present what we believe to be a fundamental shift in convenience and adoption for consumers,” says USAT CEO Stephen Herbert. The company rolled out support for Apple Pay earlier this year and has some 210,000 customer locations.
- Hyundai’s Contactless Car launches at London’s King’s Cross station
- Android Pay enters 11th global market with launch in Russia
- Samsung Pay goes live in Taiwan with seven banks
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip