Cashless vending machine technology provider USA Technologies (USAT) has announced it will be adding support for Android Pay, the NFC mobile payment solution unveiled by Google at the I/O event today. “Making Android Pay available to millions of Android users will present what we believe to be a fundamental shift in convenience and adoption for consumers,” says USAT CEO Stephen Herbert. The company rolled out support for Apple Pay earlier this year and has some 210,000 customer locations.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK