US Bank cardmembers will be among the first to have access to Android Pay for credit and debit card transactions when the service launches later this year. “Android Pay gives our customers added value by providing another way to use their US Bank credit and debit cards to pay for purchases with their mobile devices,” says the bank’s Shailesh Kotwal. US Bank will announce more details on the service later in 2015.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone