Smart card-based solutions provider TAG Systems has entered into the mobile payments space by acquiring shares in Seglan, the company behind Spanish bank Bankinter’s HCE-based mobile payments service. “As a result of this operation, TAG Systems will offer mobile solutions based on HCE and tokenization to financial institutions, transport operators and merchants,” TAG Systems says.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities