Smart card-based solutions provider TAG Systems has entered into the mobile payments space by acquiring shares in Seglan, the company behind Spanish bank Bankinter’s HCE-based mobile payments service. “As a result of this operation, TAG Systems will offer mobile solutions based on HCE and tokenization to financial institutions, transport operators and merchants,” TAG Systems says.
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa
- Ride-hailing app Grab acquires mobile payments startup iKaaz
- Starbucks tests cashless store concept in Seattle