Samsung has filed a patent in the United States that reveals a touch-free fingerprint recognition system, using a device’s camera and matching the fingerprint to a stored image. “The present invention relates … more particularly to a method of recognising a contactless fingerprint using an electronic device configured to display a guide screen on a display of the electronic device,” the patent explains.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash