Samsung has filed a patent in the United States that reveals a touch-free fingerprint recognition system, using a device’s camera and matching the fingerprint to a stored image. “The present invention relates … more particularly to a method of recognising a contactless fingerprint using an electronic device configured to display a guide screen on a display of the electronic device,” the patent explains.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions