Samsung has filed a patent in the United States that reveals a touch-free fingerprint recognition system, using a device’s camera and matching the fingerprint to a stored image. “The present invention relates … more particularly to a method of recognising a contactless fingerprint using an electronic device configured to display a guide screen on a display of the electronic device,” the patent explains.
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology
- Jack Ma’s Ant Financial nearly doubles profits amid deal push