Samsung has filed a patent in the United States that reveals a touch-free fingerprint recognition system, using a device’s camera and matching the fingerprint to a stored image. “The present invention relates … more particularly to a method of recognising a contactless fingerprint using an electronic device configured to display a guide screen on a display of the electronic device,” the patent explains.
- Bristol gets contactless donation points to help the homeless
- Visa upgrades Verified by Visa technology to enhance security and simplify online payments
- OCBC Bank launches cashless QR code payments with its first standalone mobile payments app
- Google introduces buy button in search results
- The modern plan for digital identity in Australia and beyond