LG’s next flagship smartphone, the LG G5, will reportedly come equipped with an iris scanner and recognition technology developed by Korea-based biometrics provider Irience. “It is expected that the iris scanner will enable LG G5 users to use a wide variety of biometric technologies on the market,” Whowired Korea reports. “In particular, the feature will strengthen the security in the mobile banking transactions.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?