LG’s next flagship smartphone, the LG G5, will reportedly come equipped with an iris scanner and recognition technology developed by Korea-based biometrics provider Irience. “It is expected that the iris scanner will enable LG G5 users to use a wide variety of biometric technologies on the market,” Whowired Korea reports. “In particular, the feature will strengthen the security in the mobile banking transactions.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works