Researchers at China’s Tsinghua University and technology company Tzekwan have unveiled an ATM with inbuilt facial recognition features. “The ATM camera captures facial images and compares them with the ID photos of users for verification,” Xinhua News Agency reports. “The machine will be able to identify the cardholders if their facial features have changed and avoid thieves who attempt to trick the machine.”
- Dublin churches pilot contactless collections
- Hong Kong rolls out tap-to-collect travel rebate system
- Apple Pay to go live in Saudi Arabia this week?
- Visa reports 80% drop in card-present fraud at US chip-enabled merchants
- Barclays to let UK merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts