Researchers at China’s Tsinghua University and technology company Tzekwan have unveiled an ATM with inbuilt facial recognition features. “The ATM camera captures facial images and compares them with the ID photos of users for verification,” Xinhua News Agency reports. “The machine will be able to identify the cardholders if their facial features have changed and avoid thieves who attempt to trick the machine.”
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases