More than 1bn consumers globally will be accessing banking services through biometric systems by 2017 and biometrics will become the predominant method of identification for accessing bank services by 2020, Goode Intelligence predicts. “We are forecasting that by 2020, it will contribute US$5.5bn in revenue for companies involved in delivering biometric systems to the banking industry,” the company adds.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform