More than 1bn consumers globally will be accessing banking services through biometric systems by 2017 and biometrics will become the predominant method of identification for accessing bank services by 2020, Goode Intelligence predicts. “We are forecasting that by 2020, it will contribute US$5.5bn in revenue for companies involved in delivering biometric systems to the banking industry,” the company adds.
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets
- Android O to offer autofill for payments
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans