Apple has added a further 12 US banks and credit unions to its list of participating financial institutions. In the wake of Google’s unveiling of Android Pay, “Apple is expected to announce enhancements to Apple Pay … including a rewards system,” 9to5mac reports.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale