Cashless payments now account for 37% of all transactions made on vending machines equipped with USA Technologies’ ePort Cashless Payment System, data from the company’s 2015 Cashless Knowledge Base Study has found. There was also a 32% increase in average ticket values when consumers make cashless purchases – including those using mobile wallets – compared to those made with cash.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone