MasterCard is “absolutely ready” to switch on Apple Pay in the UK and Europe and is just waiting for the iPhone maker’s green light. “That’s one of the advantages of doing this on a global platform,” the payment network said during a press briefing covered by International Business Times. “It’s there, it’s switched on, we just have to connect the services at the back end. It takes a couple of days.”
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor