Samsung is planning to offer Samsung Pay mobile payments on the smartwatch devices it is scheduled to launch in the second half of this year. “Samsung would use NFC technology to support mobile payments on the smartwatch,” Reuters reports, citing South Korea’s Electronic Times newspaper. Samsung managing director Park Jin-young hinted that the service may work on its smartwatches during the company’s April 2015 first quarter earnings call.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments