Dutch banks have laid out plans to facilitate instant payments within four years, with a view to creating a “new payment infrastructure” that would transfer payments within five seconds. “The project will be carried out under the aegis of the Dutch Payments Association, which, together with the banks, will further discuss and work out the vision and roadmap with users in the second half of this year,” De Nederlandsche Bank says.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain