Dutch banks have laid out plans to facilitate instant payments within four years, with a view to creating a “new payment infrastructure” that would transfer payments within five seconds. “The project will be carried out under the aegis of the Dutch Payments Association, which, together with the banks, will further discuss and work out the vision and roadmap with users in the second half of this year,” De Nederlandsche Bank says.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain