Dutch banks have laid out plans to facilitate instant payments within four years, with a view to creating a “new payment infrastructure” that would transfer payments within five seconds. “The project will be carried out under the aegis of the Dutch Payments Association, which, together with the banks, will further discuss and work out the vision and roadmap with users in the second half of this year,” De Nederlandsche Bank says.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users