Brain waves could be used to verify a person’s identity in the future, researchers from Binghamton University have demonstrated in a study published in academic journal Neurocomputing. Using a sample of 45 volunteers and a list of 75 acronyms, the ‘Brainprint’ study found that participants’ brains reacted differently to each acronym, enough that a computer system identified each person with 94% accuracy.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain