Brain waves could be used to verify a person’s identity in the future, researchers from Binghamton University have demonstrated in a study published in academic journal Neurocomputing. Using a sample of 45 volunteers and a list of 75 acronyms, the ‘Brainprint’ study found that participants’ brains reacted differently to each acronym, enough that a computer system identified each person with 94% accuracy.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK