Internet company Lycos has announced a line of NFC-equipped wearable devices including a ring ($59.99) and a wristband (US$124.99) that tracks the wearer’s physical activity, displays incoming calls and notifications and connects to a smartphone with a tap. The Lycos Life wearables “are primarily being pitched as devices that can be used to replace your password, using NFC to unlock your phone when they’re nearby,” The Verge reports.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants