Internet company Lycos has announced a line of NFC-equipped wearable devices including a ring ($59.99) and a wristband (US$124.99) that tracks the wearer’s physical activity, displays incoming calls and notifications and connects to a smartphone with a tap. The Lycos Life wearables “are primarily being pitched as devices that can be used to replace your password, using NFC to unlock your phone when they’re nearby,” The Verge reports.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet