Internet company Lycos has announced a line of NFC-equipped wearable devices including a ring ($59.99) and a wristband (US$124.99) that tracks the wearer’s physical activity, displays incoming calls and notifications and connects to a smartphone with a tap. The Lycos Life wearables “are primarily being pitched as devices that can be used to replace your password, using NFC to unlock your phone when they’re nearby,” The Verge reports.
- IMF sees negative interest rates in cashless future
- Analysts: 43% of iPhone users have now enabled Apple Pay
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers
- Delhi Metro to add biometrics to ticketing gates?