“We’ve been talking with Apple about how our customers could use Apple Pay, in addition to our existing contactless and mobile payment services,” Barclays said in a statement sent to NFC World following its notable absence from the list of banks supporting Apple Pay in the UK. “Those talks remain constructive,” the bank added.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities