“We’ve been talking with Apple about how our customers could use Apple Pay, in addition to our existing contactless and mobile payment services,” Barclays said in a statement sent to NFC World following its notable absence from the list of banks supporting Apple Pay in the UK. “Those talks remain constructive,” the bank added.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’