MasterCard has confirmed its role in the UK launch of Apple Pay later this year following comments it made last week that it was ready to switch on the mobile payments service in Europe. “With this clear shift in payment preference so strongly embedded, we are excited that MasterCard cardholders will soon be able to make payments from some of their Apple devices,” says MasterCard’s Mark Barnett.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works