MasterCard has confirmed its role in the UK launch of Apple Pay later this year following comments it made last week that it was ready to switch on the mobile payments service in Europe. “With this clear shift in payment preference so strongly embedded, we are excited that MasterCard cardholders will soon be able to make payments from some of their Apple devices,” says MasterCard’s Mark Barnett.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash