Chip maker Broadcom has licensed Mifare, the widely deployed protocol for contactless ticketing, transportation and access applications. “With this adoption, Broadcom supports a growing set of NFC and related payment applications in mobile phones, tablets and wearable devices,” the company says, “to enable OEMs to integrate a wide array of applications that deliver a simplified and consolidated user experience for payments, access and contactless ticketing.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?