Square will give away 250,000 of its NFC mPOS terminals unveiled during Apple’s WWDC this week. “We need to push hard on getting readers to businesses, which is why we are giving 250,000 of the first wireless readers away for free,” Square CEO Jack Dorsey told Fortune, with readers available to buy in Apple stores “come the fall”.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities