Square will give away 250,000 of its NFC mPOS terminals unveiled during Apple’s WWDC this week. “We need to push hard on getting readers to businesses, which is why we are giving 250,000 of the first wireless readers away for free,” Square CEO Jack Dorsey told Fortune, with readers available to buy in Apple stores “come the fall”.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform