Square will give away 250,000 of its NFC mPOS terminals unveiled during Apple’s WWDC this week. “We need to push hard on getting readers to businesses, which is why we are giving 250,000 of the first wireless readers away for free,” Square CEO Jack Dorsey told Fortune, with readers available to buy in Apple stores “come the fall”.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service