Square will give away 250,000 of its NFC mPOS terminals unveiled during Apple’s WWDC this week. “We need to push hard on getting readers to businesses, which is why we are giving 250,000 of the first wireless readers away for free,” Square CEO Jack Dorsey told Fortune, with readers available to buy in Apple stores “come the fall”.
- BBVA makes eight APIs available to kickstart open banking program
- Hangzhou buses first to all use mobile pay
- New York forces smart lock maker to improve its security
- Euro Banking Association paper analyses cryptotechnologies in international payments
- Mobile wallet Curve launches ‘time travel’ tool to let you ‘shop in the past’