Wegmans will be among the first US supermarkets to offer customers the ability to redeem discounts while using Apple Pay. “When this new feature is made available by Apple Pay in the fall, Wegmans customers will be able to add their Shoppers Club card to the Wallet app in iOS 9 and use it at checkout with Apple Pay,” the retailer says.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale