Nearly a third (31%) of global payment and banking experts believe mobile payments will go mainstream in their region in the next five years, and 41% believe mass NFC and contactless adoption will occur within the same period, research from retail banking provider Compass Plus has found. However, the findings come despite previous results indicating the technologies should already be mainstream.
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case
- Samsung Pay Rewards expands to Spain