Nearly a third (31%) of global payment and banking experts believe mobile payments will go mainstream in their region in the next five years, and 41% believe mass NFC and contactless adoption will occur within the same period, research from retail banking provider Compass Plus has found. However, the findings come despite previous results indicating the technologies should already be mainstream.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa