Nearly a third (31%) of global payment and banking experts believe mobile payments will go mainstream in their region in the next five years, and 41% believe mass NFC and contactless adoption will occur within the same period, research from retail banking provider Compass Plus has found. However, the findings come despite previous results indicating the technologies should already be mainstream.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps