Nearly a third (31%) of global payment and banking experts believe mobile payments will go mainstream in their region in the next five years, and 41% believe mass NFC and contactless adoption will occur within the same period, research from retail banking provider Compass Plus has found. However, the findings come despite previous results indicating the technologies should already be mainstream.
- Chinese mobile payments exceed US$1tn in one quarter
- Mobile World Congress survey: IoT and mobile payments ‘biggest business opportunities’ for 2017
- Cook: Apple Pay has “hit an air pocket”
- Apple Pay begins major promotional campaign in Japan
- EcoCash and Mahindra win GSMA best mobile payments solution award