Mobile payment solution SEQR, developed by Swedish m-commerce software firm Seamless, is to launch in the US, making it the eleventh country where the system is available. Allowing consumers to make payments, transfer money, connect loyalty programs and redeem offers through digital coupons, it is also in operation in Sweden, Finland, Romania, Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France and Italy.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone