Payments giant Verifone will support retailer loyalty and rewards programs, in addition to NFC mobile payments, via Apple Pay from the autumn with the release of iOS 9. Six retailers, including US grocery chain Whole Foods Market, will be the first to accept NFC loyalty transactions on Verifone’s MX 915 and MX 925 POS terminals for consumers to redeem rewards and gain points.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump