Payments giant Verifone will support retailer loyalty and rewards programs, in addition to NFC mobile payments, via Apple Pay from the autumn with the release of iOS 9. Six retailers, including US grocery chain Whole Foods Market, will be the first to accept NFC loyalty transactions on Verifone’s MX 915 and MX 925 POS terminals for consumers to redeem rewards and gain points.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones