Payments giant Verifone will support retailer loyalty and rewards programs, in addition to NFC mobile payments, via Apple Pay from the autumn with the release of iOS 9. Six retailers, including US grocery chain Whole Foods Market, will be the first to accept NFC loyalty transactions on Verifone’s MX 915 and MX 925 POS terminals for consumers to redeem rewards and gain points.
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money