Secure NFC specialist Sequent Software has closed a funding round for an undisclosed sum that will be used to support its expansion into global markets. “Sequent’s products support the next wave of development in the wallet space, managing the complexity of mobile payments so that thousands of apps can use simple APIs to make payments at any store,” says the company’s David Haines.
- Mahindra Comviva adds offers and promotions to mobile money platform
- Mastercard adds bar tab feature to Qkr! mobile payments app
- Huawei includes NFC payments in new smartwatch
- China’s central bank tests digital currency for in-store payments
- NXP reveals secure element and NFC solution that speeds transaction times, increases security and supports smaller form factors