MasterCard is to extend its tokenization services to merchants with in-app, ecommerce and recurring billing card-on-file programs as well as to private label credit cards. The move follows the expansion of Apple Pay to include store-branded debit, credit and loyalty cards. The tokenization services will be available to US and Canadian merchants later this year and will expand across all MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) markets.
- BBVA makes eight APIs available to kickstart open banking program
- Hangzhou buses first to all use mobile pay
- New York forces smart lock maker to improve its security
- Euro Banking Association paper analyses cryptotechnologies in international payments
- Mobile wallet Curve launches ‘time travel’ tool to let you ‘shop in the past’