MasterCard is to extend its tokenization services to merchants with in-app, ecommerce and recurring billing card-on-file programs as well as to private label credit cards. The move follows the expansion of Apple Pay to include store-branded debit, credit and loyalty cards. The tokenization services will be available to US and Canadian merchants later this year and will expand across all MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) markets.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API