ING is to launch a mobile payments service based on host card emulation (HCE) in the Netherlands this summer following a final test with a group of the bank’s employees. “ING customers who already use the Mobile Banking app and have a suitable Android NFC smartphone — Android 4.4 KitKat or higher — will be able to make direct contactless mobile payments through the new ING Mobile Payment app after activating it with their mobile PIN,” the bank explains.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash