ING is to launch a mobile payments service based on host card emulation (HCE) in the Netherlands this summer following a final test with a group of the bank’s employees. “ING customers who already use the Mobile Banking app and have a suitable Android NFC smartphone — Android 4.4 KitKat or higher — will be able to make direct contactless mobile payments through the new ING Mobile Payment app after activating it with their mobile PIN,” the bank explains.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card